1. What was the motivation of the internet. To provide a platform on which a lot of people can communicate
2. What three components combined make up todays webs. Hardware, software, protocals
3. What is the internet backbone and who provides it? Internet hardware, and telecom companies
4. What is the role of ISP. A company that provides usesrs with acess to internet
5. What internet connection type offers the fastest connection speed. cable
6. What are the responsibilities of a router. Managing network traffic
7. How does p2p networking differ from client server. Client server has a server to filter out unwanted data, while p2p goes from computer to computer, including all things including viruses.
8. What is the difference between synchronous and asynchronous communication? Synchronous is real time. Asynchronous leaves messages then waits to respond.
9. What is the number one use of the internet. media
13. why is video conferencing so valuable? talk to people over long distances in real time
14. what is the primary mark up language and protocol of the web. HTML and TCP/IP
18. what are 3 common sources of information for research? search engine, web portals, and wikis
19. describe how an email message gets from computer to computer. packet switching breaks up large messages into little messages and sends them to the computer then reconfigures them.
27. what is a common problem communicating through email? And what can be done to help solce this problem? Its not synchronous, so the waiting time for reply varies. Video call people with your questions! Ether that or IM people
30.why are plug ins necessary for some web sites. Cause some things require more just text and pictures.
35. how is web used in job hunting? Submitting resumes or work experience to certain cites and they tailor job applications to you OR they list what in the area is hiring
36. compare and contrast the pros and cons of library,...